Tuesday, March 16, 2004

american idol - simon says

have you watched american idol? ... my oh my ... i always watch it every sunday ... or at least try to watch it ... 'coz lately the show is running at the same time i go to church ... from all the judges ... i always like simon cowell ... in my opinion, he's the honest person in the universe ... when a contestant gives a good performance, he will not hesitate to compliment the contestant ... if not, as you well know, he will "bitchslapping" those contestants ... and he's good at doing it ...

in life, we need also someone like simon ... who is not afraid to speak his/her mind freely ... someone we'd like to call as a "reality checker" ... the person who will not afraid to hit you really hard in order to give you a clearer view of a reality ... this lady is one of my reality checkers ... mmm ... where was i? oh ... ok ... here are some of the simon's quotes ... i really admire him ... :)
.....................
"My attitude is, if someone's going to criticize me, tell me to my face. I find Paula patronizing. It's as simple as that. Paula is more damaging than I am to these contestants because a lot of people just shouldn't be singing for a living."

"I met someone the other night who's 28 years old, and he hasn't worked a day since he left college because he's pursuing a dream he'll never, ever realize. He thinks he's a great singer. Actually, he's crap. But nobody has said to him, 'Why have you been wasting your time for eight years?'"

"If I said to most of the people who auditioned, 'Good job, awesome, well done,' it would have made me actually look and feel ridiculous. It's quite obvious most of the people who turned up for this audition were hopeless."

"I think you have to judge everything based on your personal taste. And if that means being critical, so be it. I hate political correctness. I absolutely loathe it."

"All we're doing is telling people who don't have a chance in hell that they don't have a chance in hell."
..................

i do hope this station will also have a judge like simon in their upcoming show indonesian idol. *fingers cross*